Quiet noisy breakers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottodo1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
SO my first set of breakers from when I installed my Tankless electric water heater started buzzing (quiet but there, not a chatter) when the unit is heating. I hoped changing them out may fix the issue but as suspected it didn't. I had feared this might happen as the 18kW water heater is a real fancy one that modulates the power to the heater elements (essentially PWM). I chose it specifically for that instead of one of those awful ones that restrict water flow. Good news is it's barely there, bad news is it's probably there to stay.
For ringing in a power switching circuit I would simply add a snubber circuit but it's not my design and I don't know what their control loop or stability looks like without bringing the venable home from work so I am saving that for a last resort.
My real question is if anyone knows if there's a similar thing I can do at the breaker box for the AC circuit. I knowthings I can DO but would they be acceptable to code. Is there an approved method to acheive this? I could throw some ferrite beads on there which would help but was just curious if there was a proper way to do this.

Back