New guy from the Chicago area

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheQball

World's Smartest Dummy
Reaction score
Just signed up today. Cool site! My house is 10 years old and getting to the point of needing refreshing. I just started replacing floors. I do most of the house/car repairs myself. Have the old contractor grade carpet and glue down tile torn up and will be replacing it with a laminate (don't judge me). Looking forward to learning as much as possible.

-Mike

Welcome to House Repair Talk Mike. Nothing wrong with laminate, I have it in my house and it's holding up well with grandkids and my dog.

Qball: welcome to the site, I think I have been behind you for half my life. As far as judgement goes, we all have some and often apply it with out prompting.:)

Qball: welcome to the site, I think I have been behind you for half my life. As far as judgement goes, we all have some and often apply it with out prompting.:)

Not sure what that means.

Almost done laying this floor. It's around 800 sqft. I gotta tell ya, I have a whole new respect for people who do this for a living. I'm happy to be at work today where I can relax!

Back