poll: router choice

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which router do you prefer?

• Porter cable

• Milwaukee

• Hitachi

• DeWalt

• Craftsman

• Other - specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Porter Cable 690 with all 3 bases, plunge, D-handle, standard. There are too many accessories available to go with any other.

I have the same stuff.
Mine also came with the steel box and room for the d-handle ,regular base and my bits in their case to all fit in the router case.

I love it!!:D

just getting in to using a router and i have been slowly switching over to ridgid tools so i went with that as well.olny time will tell weather i will be truely happy with my router but with life time warrenty it was hard to pass upbut i was lookin hard at porter cable as well.i have just got to the point where i hate dewalt and i have my reasons for the but that would be for another topic at another time.

I bought one of the PC 895 sets with fixed and plunge bases. Just got my Jessem Mast-R-Lift :D to build a really nice router table with. :cool: I am more of a woodworker than home remodeller, just take care of this place and some friends.

I have been using a Porter Cable router for a couple of years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. My father in law has a different brand, and I can change out bits in half the time he can. Easy to use, and quite versatile.

Square Eye said:
Porter Cable 690 with all 3 bases, plunge, D-handle, standard. There are too many accessories available to go with any other.

same here, all hail the 690 with the d handle. i sold the fixed and plunge bases though.

PaPaDan said:
I bought one of the PC 895 sets with fixed and plunge bases. Just got my Jessem Mast-R-Lift :D to build a really nice router table with. :cool: I am more of a woodworker than home remodeller, just take care of this place and some friends.

the jessems are sweet. i have one at the shop with the pc speedmatic
3-1/4 in it. you'll love it.

al of my pc routers have hundreds of hours on them w/o a single hiccup.

edit: i have the rout-r-lift, not the master lift (the original) I can only imagine yours being nicer.

Back