sign this petition

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how everything in this country has turned to racism and how because one person wore or displayed something and then committed a crime that object is now bad or rude or has anything to do with anything.

Why can't people just sit back and live their lives for a little bit. This is getting out of control.

Worry about yourselves and taking care of your families and not about a historic flag flown in a state you don't even live in. Lemmings are stupid.

Slavery existed in the US under the Stars and Stripes long before there was a Confederacy or Stars and Bars. What happened there? How did the North manage to declare itself without fault?

It seems that many are trying to blame all on the Confederacy while ignoring the rest of the nation's contribution to the problem.
Thus a pack of Yankee states pointing a finger at the Southern states are by definition a bunch of lying hypocrites.

little history

1. Democratic party ruled the south at the time the Civil war broke out.
2. A Democrat senator from SC Preston Brooks beat a Republican Senator for speaking out against slavery.
3. It was Democrats that voted against the Civil Rights laws, including Al Gore's father.
4. Robert Byrd was a Democrat and a #$%$ member and they still made him senate leader back in 2007.
5. #$%$ was started by Democrats
6. Jim Crow was a bill by guess who....Democrats
7. The Confederate flag was placed on top of the SC capitol by a Democratic Gov.

I wrote this

It aint about race
It aint about the klan
If you were not raised under it, You can not understand
It is about being a Southern Man
If you disrespect it, OR the Red White and Blue
I will stomp a mudhole in your AZZ
You can bet thats TRUE!!!

Last edited:
two quick points:
1) if the flag were not locked to the flagpole and was lowered when all the other flags were at half-mast, there would not be such an uproar
2) we are talking about a flag being flown on State grounds, where all of the people should be fairly represented; not a private (personal) display (which is still permitted). Imagine if flags from other countries or religions, or whatever were permitted in front of any gov't building. Would you be offended by a Nazi flag? A Palestinian flag? An Israeli flag?

two quick points:
1) if the flag were not locked to the flagpole and was lowered when all the other flags were at half-mast, there would not be such an uproar
2) we are talking about a flag being flown on State grounds, where all of the people should be fairly represented; not a private (personal) display (which is still permitted). Imagine if flags from other countries or religions, or whatever were permitted in front of any gov't building. Would you be offended by a Nazi flag? A Palestinian flag? An Israeli flag?

only on state grounds? then why are the major company in america pulling it from their shlves? why are 3 flag makers stopping production ?

why is the sale of it blocked on the internet ?

seems to be just a tad more than in front of govt buildings

to answer the question,,this "supposedly" being a free country.
i see it as their right to fly their flag, it does not matter if i am offended. that is the beauty of free speech in america.

Last edited:
well Neal,

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM1n0iLDU4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM1n0iLDU4[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back