Anyone wants to give me a crash course on granite,marble,etc installation?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnv713

Reaction score
Would love to replace my ugly kitchen countertop with granite, Quartz, marble but haven't a clue how to cut, sand, grind, install one. Is this something best left to a pro?

Already have a handheld cutter with diamond blade that may be to cut through the slab.

This is one thing I'd leave to a pro. Make a mistake and it can be an expensive one, let alone the tools besides a grinder to do it.

Just my :2cents:

My friend hired a pro and all they use was a grinder and diamond holes saw cutter. Looked pretty simple but I'm afraid to try it :)

The problem is if they screw up, they bought it. If you screw up, well I guess you could easily go down and pick up another 2 ton slab of granite for a few grand and try it again...?

Have you looked at these products, just asking.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsROs7Hn_Ak[/ame]

For basic granite, most supply houses carry premade slabs that either already do or don't have a sink hole cut in them. Still it is some work to put them in and like everyone else says if you crack one you are screwed. I did tile for years and am very handy and I would still leave it to the pro.

Wow that kit looking mighty nice. I Think it's a good option if I decided to forgo on the granite.

I'll check the local supply house this weekend to see if they have any prefab slab. Will report Back later

Back