I have a clean slate!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a great idea to be using copper for air lines.
Way to expensive.
When it oxidizes on the inside that green slime with blow right though a filter, and the copper oxide will react with any dissimilar metal it comes in contact with.
Use black iron instead. Any filter will catch what little bit of rust that comes though.
Making the main runs over size will act as storage and give you far more available CFM.
Almost always when I see DIY installed air lines there run as if they where working with water, not air.
This is the proper way to run air lines.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ign&qpvt=compressed+air+line+design&FORM=IGRE
A agree with using metal lines other than copper.Larger lines will not give you more CFM.A larger tank will not give you more CFM.They will give you more air storage. which will equate to less cyceling of your compressor.The only way to get more CFM is to buy a larger compressor which puts out more CFM .

I have plumbed 6 oil change stations and I have no idea how many maintenance sheds with engineered approved plans calling for 1/2'' copper air lines. there is absolutely nothing wrong with useing copper.

make sure it is cleaned after installing.

clean it by blowing it out. GET IT??

if you have access to cheap copper/ free copper, go for it

use unistrut and unistrut clamps to secure to wall

you did put wood in them walls to screw stuff to ?

Last edited:
My house, which I just gave to the ex, also had copper air lines. I loved it and would have no problem doing this again if it was in my own garage.

I like your out door light sconces.

Plumbing help 1st level future.jpg

It would be impossible for me to do any work in that garage. It's too nice, I couldn't stand to get it dirty.

Back