Hardwood Floor Tools

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeke1983

Reaction score
I did some research and it seems like the tools I need to install a hardwood floor in my living room are a Miter box, blind nailer, framing square a chisel and a hammer. I'm assuming there can't be much more than I need. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Unless your really lucky you'll need to be able to cut the last row of flooring lengthwise. So you'll need a table saw or a circular saw with an edge guide. I usually measure the room first and determine where the last row is going to sit and sometimes cut both the first and last rows so that I don't end up with only one skinny strip on one wall. Usually this is only noticeable if your installing wide planks.

There are some good videos on Youtube demonstrating how to install wood floors. I would definitely recommend watching some if you haven't installed a floor before.

I'm assuming that this is a pre finished floor since you don't mention sanding equipment. Yes?

Good luck

I did some research and it seems like the tools I need to install a hardwood floor in my living room are a Miter box, blind nailer, framing square a chisel and a hammer. I'm assuming there can't be much more than I need. Let me know if I'm missing something.

I would also suggest:
-a compressor
-chiselS
-table saw
-mitre saw
-floor nailer
-rubber mallet
-pull saw (hand)
-brad nailer
-assorted tapping blocks

That's all that I can think of right now.

a jamb saw for undercutting door casings. Fein Multimaster works great but is fricken expensive.

Back