Window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett1947

Reaction score
This is my first post, and I might be in the wrong area. Excuse me if I am.

I'm trying to replace a sash on a window of my stepdaughter's house. I can't find a manufacturer name or part number on it. Does anyone know what it might be? It's a 32X60 size, single hung, that is, the bottom sash moves and tilts, but the upper one is stationary. I have the little gold sticker from the window, but it doesn't give a manufacturer. Appreciate any help. This is my first post on this forum.

I don't go to the forum. Please post details here.

Welcome to the site. I think Joe was just looking for more details like , wood,al or vinyl and pictures would help. Finding a manufacture is tricky the good brands are labled sometimes

Yes, I'm finding that out. The house is an 84 Lumber kit house and all the windows are alike, except two. I took pics of some stickers, and I think I attached one. Thanks.

20140821_140143.jpg

Where is "Here"? Im new to this site.

Post all the info you posted over at that other site. I will not be going there to look at your info and coming back here to respond.
And post your pictures right side up.

Post all the info you posted over at that other site. I will not be going there to look at your info and coming back here to respond.
And post your pictures right side up.

there must be more to this story.

Somehow, in my searching on the internet, I stumbled onto a list of manufacturers for the NFRC, which identified the SPM code on my label as Superseal Windows, which has been absorbed by Hurd Windows.
I still don't know what the "other site" is, but I apologize for any inconvenience and thank everyone for their help.

I went to two different 84L stores, nobody there old enough to remember. Called the 800 number for HQ and they couldn't help either, said that if I had the original purchase order, they could tell which window it was, but I don't. I'm still searching around the internet, and will call Hurd windows tomorrow am to see if they know anything. 84L is using Ply Gems as their source now.
Thanks.

Ended up buying an in stock window from HD, and installed it in about 4 hours, including removing and reinstalling the siding, adding J-channel to make it look the other windows. Worked okay, but was a lot of little stuff.

Back