very little hot water

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I replaced a busted pipe that goes to my master bathroom toilet. After I replaced it I now am not getting any pressure on the hot water in either my master bedroom bathroom or my guess bedroom bathroom in my basement.

I turned off the water in my basement for the repair but when I turned it back up I noticed black water coming from the sink when I turned the water back on. I am getting pressure because when I plug the faucet with my finger I feel the pressure.

If your faucets have aerators, they might have gotten plugged with the black crud. I've had this happen before when I did plumbing repairs. If so, unscrew the faucet aerators and back flow the screen with water and let the faucet flow before you reinstall the screens, in order to flush out the crud.

Is the hot water volumn low or totally non existent? Is the hot water volumn okay in other areas of the house? Do you have good volumn on the cold side?

Travelover is right, check the aerators on sink faucets. You might also check any shut off valves since they may be clogged. With the water running, shut them off then open them back up. Watch for debris to move on through them.

hth, Doug

Latest posts

Back