Hello

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessesandy

Reaction score
Hi, everyone !
Looking forward to contributing what I can and thanks to everyone in advance for sharing their advice, skill, experience and talent.

My house in the San Francisco bay area was built around 1953 and its definitely time for repairs.

Talk to you soon, in the...
"Framing and Foundation/slab foundation/stucco exterior wall/drainage/what were they thinking in 1953" forum.

:welcome: Looking forward to seeing what you have going on out there.

Hi! I hear that's a beautiful area. To be able to own a home there must be quite outstanding.

Thanks.
A little more background, it's a 1953 track house, 3 bed/1 bath, slab on grade, (originally) tar and gravel roof, knotty pine ceilings (a full 8 ft.), single car garage.

At some point, a pitch roof/asphalt shingle roof was added (yeah, two roofs?!) and double pane windows installed.

At the time I bought, and in the area I bought, houses like this were going for five figures. What the market has done in the last 15 years is insane and there is no way I could start out now.

Unfortunately, I have neglected doing enough routine maintenance to prevent the need for more major repairs:eek:

Now, on to the Foundation/Framing section.

Latest posts

Back