New Roof Problem?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmallen

Reaction score
Ten days after my new roof was installed I went up in the attic and noticed a 3 in X 8 in spot where the wood (rafters?) was missing and white cardboard or something shows through...another place closer to eaves a piece of wood is missing 1"X5" and plastic shows through. There are a number of places where the wood rafters? are split which were perfect before. There were no leaks or problems but the roof was about 27 years old. Now I'm concerned I will have problems and have to spend more money. After sending out the job manager, the company owner said he will send someone out and poke holes through to outside and I guess replace shingles. It's been about 2 months. What needs to be done to insure my roof is good? 30 year shingles and 10 year labor warranty. I can call the BBB.
Help please.

Call them again and talk to the owner only, and ask them what their next move is. Be firm, and let em know your lawyer will be contacted and another roofing company will be hired within the week. Document everything with pictures and send a certified letter from your lawyer if they do not show within a week. Also let them know if your lawyer gets involved he will be contacting their insurance company for negligence.this should get an immediate response to fix the problem. Hire an ASHI home inspector to oversee the fixes, it's worth the couple hundred $$ and BBB does nothing, It's a bought and paid for program, don't waste your time.

This all sounds pretty shifty to me.

My father had a similar problem. When we had a heavy downpour and his attic flooded, consequently flooding the house, he took the roofer to court. The roofer wanted to settle for $1000 out of court and he'd fix the roof.

My dad walked out of court with a $15K judgement and a new roof. I would get a lawyer if he doesn't make good by Friday. It's been 2 months. What if he had to wait that long to get paid?!

Latest posts

Back