Small repair advise

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackFusion

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering what is the best way to fix this little problem. This may seem a silly question but I'm a new owner, I used to rent and never had to take care of little stuff like this before. Can you please tell me the best way to fix it? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

20160605_091019.jpg

2 C clamps, a 2 foot long 2×4 or any scrap wood that you have would work, and some adhesive (like liquid nails)

You want to get as far back under the veneer as you can with your adhesive without pulling more up. Once you have the adhesive down, clamp down the wood with the C clamps. You could even just set a few books on top of the part you glued. Make sure to wipe any excess thay oozes out with a damp paper towel.
Let dry, and you should be good to go

I like the contact cement idea. Be very careful to get it sprayed in between but not on the surfaces. Most of the glues you might try as suggested above don’t wipe off very well. if I was using a spray contact cement I would mask off the areas I felt I might get some on I didn’t want. With contact cement you want it sprayed on both surfaces and allowed to dry, then work the material down from the center out. once it sticks there won’t be any pulling it up.

My brother in law worked on a fishing boat after it was hauled back out the ocean, and all the laminate had lifted off, they found ever piece and put it back in place with an electric iron, being careful not to over heat it no added glue.

Back