plumbing under slab?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flchoirboy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Florida person here again... I talked to the architect yesterday and he told me to draw out about what I want to build the house(28x48) and take some pictures of places that I liked. I was trying to decide whether it would be better for a slab or crawl space.....then, I realized that the septic tank(thats already on the property) is really high and I'm not sure how I would make a slab house work unless I ran it under and built a whole knew system or built it up alot(i'm trying the cheapest way here so I don't wanna use ALOT of dirt or whatever I would have to use). Should I got w/ the crawl space?....how does this part work?

Hi flchoirboy:
The first thing is to contact the local code authorities. Where I lived in Florida the house was required to be on a slab and have reinforced concrete block walls. But that was south FL where the hurricanes hit and I don't know about your area.
If the slab approach is required, I can help you with installing a shallow plumbing layout. Let me know what you find out.
Glenn

Back