Closet Laundry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venus

Reaction score
I have two upstairs hall closets that back onto a bathroom. I would like to turn these closets into an upstairs laundry. Is this possible and if so how? Any help and direction is appreciated.

Pics help to get you in the right direction. But from experience you need a 3 foot deep by 5 foot wide area for a laundry. Unless you do a stackable set or smaller appliances. You also need to get plumbing to the area. And a vent to the exterior for the dryer.
Do some measuring and let us know.:)

And... If you have an upstairs laundry, you should ALWAYS set up a drain pan and drain system underneath the washer!!

Another great point. Now let me add just one more. You should also get an automatic water shut of for the washing machine if the new steel braided hose you also purchase should spring a leak. You do not want a hose to be stuck in the "on" position in the house when you are away.

I plan on doing this very same thing in my new project house, but I won't really have a plan of attack until I open up the walls.

Latest posts

Back