Faucet water splash all over

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
I bought a sink faucet (photo 1). It is very nice faucet until I installed it and turned it on by about half turn of the handle, water splash all over the counter (photo 2). This is because the water coming out at a 45 degree angle, and hit the side of sink hard and cause water splash all over. To avoid that, I can only turn on the water handle about 1/5 of full turn. So water just a bit better than dripping out.

If the water coming out in a more straight downward way, probably will solve this problem. Unfortunately there is no way I can change the sprout direction.

Could some experts can suggest to me a way to solve this problem?

20160302_164707.jpg

IMG_20150307_104114.jpg

The one I hooked up had an extra fitting in the box that I discovered slowed the flow of the water, I don't remember what it looked like.

I think it's simply the wrong faucet style for that sink style. You could try partially closing the supply valve to reduce some pressure.

reach under the counter, their are 2 valves, 1 is hot water the other is cold water

turn them booth off.

turn your faucet on, slowly, open the valves. till you get the desired flow.

what is the faucet brand name ? and the faucet name ?

I think it's simply the wrong faucet style for that sink style. You could try partially closing the supply valve to reduce some pressure.

Hi beachguy005, probably you're right.

reach under the counter, their are 2 valves, 1 is hot water the other is cold water

turn them booth off.

turn your faucet on, slowly, open the valves. till you get the desired flow.

what is the faucet brand name ? and the faucet name ?

Hi frodo, I followed your method to slow down the water flow in to the faucet. Yes it reduced the water pressure, but also reduced the amount of water flowing out. Just like I turn the faucet value to 1/5 or 1/4 turn.

This faucet has no name stamp on it, cannot tell the brand.

How handy are you?

You need to make a diverter that goes inside the square hole or on the outside and fix it to the spout. Depending on how important looks are to you compared to function will depend on how you build it.

unscrew your shower head, pull the water restrictor out, put it in the lav aerator

Flow-Restrictors-for-Shower-R-1-.jpg

i never tried this, might work, its that blue thing

please answer this, do you have an aerator on that faucet?

Last edited:
How about a swivel aerator?

prod_3125609703

unscrew your shower head, pull the water restrictor out, put it in the lav aerator

Flow-Restrictors-for-Shower-R-1-.jpg

i never tried this, might work, its that blue thing

please answer this, do you have an aerator on that faucet?

the sprout of my faucet is in rectangular shape, no aerator.

look up in the rectangle. see if their are any threads. i suspect, your areator is missing.

do you know what the water pressure is at your house ?

the picture you posted of the faucet running looks like the pressure is way up.

k2-_d1590d61-21c9-41c7-a616-c745275e582b.v1.jpg

you can buy one of these at a hardware store, screw it onto a faucet outside

and see the house water pressure

if, it is above 60 psi, you need a pressure reducing valve

that will help the faucet chill out

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back