Replacing double sink with single

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

van_geezy

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting estimates for kitchen remodeling that is beyond my scope. However, I'd like to do some if it myself. Does anyone have a video or simple step by step to replace a double sink with a single sink. Thanks in advance!

Hot and cold water will be the same. The two drain go into the same pipe so that just gets changed to a trap going to the new sink.
Can you take and post a photo. will the new sink have a similar position?

what kind of sink ? top mount, bottom mount, clip in, glue down ?

what kind of faucet ? 1 piece with sprayer

3 piece with sprayer ?

tile top? marble? granite ? lanoleum ?

post a picture of the plumbing under the sink

depending on the faucet type. might only have to move a trap

There is a back on that cupboard, need a better picture of the drain going out the back and where the water pipes come from. The tapes may have to come off.

my advice...get you sink BEFORE the top is installed. installer will want the template, to cut the hole

mount the faucet on the sink. have the installers install the clips, and mount sink

be sure to tell the person writing the contract,

because the installer will not do it unless he is told to

everything after that is simple, post back when ready to hook it up

I am in the process of getting estimates for kitchen remodeling that is beyond my scope. However, I'd like to do some if it myself. Does anyone have a video or simple step by step to replace a double sink with a single sink. Thanks in advance!

Can you confirm for me, you would like to remove the cupboard so some one else can install new ones. Then you just need info on how to clear the plumbing to remove the cupboard. Are you going to save and sell the cupboards?

There is a back on that cupboard, need a better picture of the drain going out the back and where the water pipes come from. The tapes may have to come off.

How can I get a better picture of this?

Last edited:
Yep, those will stay.

Can you confirm for me, you would like to remove the cupboard so some one else can install new ones. Then you just need info on how to clear the plumbing to remove the cupboard. Are you going to save and sell the cupboards?

The cupboards are actually the only thing staying. They are solid wood and in great shape. The counters will be taken out and replaced with granite.

The traps unscrew and are adjustable and one should work out just fine and the other could be made into a clean out like some one suggested.

Yep, those will stay.

Thanks.

When you reconnect the DW to the Disp. it would be a good Idea to raise the DW discharge line and attach near the bottom of the new counter to more closely meet the "HIGH LOOP" method.

Back