Chimney Spraying

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegummom

Reaction score
Our chimney people have just sprayed Fabrishield 761 over our chimney. Is that a good thing or a bad one?

Won't hurt anything and could help. I have never used it personally.

What did they tell you about it?

did it change the look?

No issues. But now looking on the internet I see it's like most things, there's different opinions and I'm trying to figure out if I should have it done again next time or skip it. Most people don't have their chimneys sprayed, I would think.

I had a new chimney put in a few years ago, and a small amount of water was getting in somewhere. We were advised to spray on some sealer because brick can absorb water. It worked and the chimney looked just as good afterwards. I don't know that particular product, but the idea is good.

Thank you slownsteady. Do you re-spray it every few years?

Thanks Nealtw, Bud16415, and joecaption! They built us a lovely chimney and I should trust their judgment but when you start reading about things on the Internet, it can get very confusing.

And no Bud16415, it didn't really change the look.

Thank you all!

YW

I do know what you mean it is like there is too much information anymore. When you hire a pro the time to check him out is before you hire him. If his work looks good and his costumers are happy, then IMO just back away and let him do his thing.

That’s my advice and I have a very hard time following my own advice about this.

Thank you slownsteady. Do you re-spray it every few years?

Thanks Nealtw, Bud16415, and joecaption! They built us a lovely chimney and I should trust their judgment but when you start reading about things on the Internet, it can get very confusing.
You are supposed to respray every few years, but I haven't resprayed, and it's been about ten years. I probably should!

Back