Kenmore 70 Series washer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobeppo

Reaction score
My agitator keeps popping off and i continually have to pop it back in.

Seems to clip in fairly good but obviously not.

I think it may be the slipperyness from the soaps or a design flaw.

I bought the agitator kit, which did not solve the issue.

Trying to find a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day !

Thank You.
Joe D.

You can go online to searsparts.com and plug your model number in and view diagrams showing how the agitator is supposed to be connected.

I will send along a model number.

Hard to explain this one.

The top part of the agitator comes apart and there is another housing part inside which has the cams in it. This part snaps onto 2 plastic tabs. Seems to snap in good but it doesn't stay. End up having to pop the top cap off and. Snapping it back down. I will send a picture as well later this afternoon.

Thanks!

Hi, Sorry for the delay....Crazy few days ! Anyway...I did buy a kit for this washer and it did not fix the problem...not getting what the deal is...

The Modle of my Kenmore 70 Series is 110.20702990.

Maybe If this dosn't help I can try taking a few digital pics and send those along ....

Thanks again !

Have a great day!

Joe D.

The top part of the agitator comes apart and there is another housing part inside which has the cams in it. This part snaps onto 2 plastic tabs. Seems to snap in good but it doesn't stay.

Upper 1/2 should be bolted down to the lower 1/2 with a bolt ( #5 )...this bolt runs in the agitator shaft...make sure none of the threads on the bolt or inside the shaft are stripped.

Agitator-Assembly-285727--00637925.jpg
Agitator-Assembly-285727--00638073.jpg

P9060131-00004.png

Nothing else should hold the upper 1/2 to the lower 1/2.

jeff.

Back