hvac heat an cold room

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfan

Reaction score
We just bought a modular home and are in the process of cleaning/moving in. It is a 2004 model and has a Miller hvac system on the back left side of the house when facing the front. The bedroom on the front at other end of the heatpump (right side when facing the front) is cool/warm air.The vents are in the floor and open i took the covers off of all to clean and vac. Has not helped. I know that a fan is made to go into the duckwork to pull air into rooms. Is this hard to install or do i need to do something else thanks

Get a two speed fan like I did, assuming you first checked that all appropriate balancing ductwork dampers are open.

Did you get the fan at dealer or a hardware store? Who installed it and where at? Was it expensive? thanks

Did you get the fan at dealer or a hardware store? Who installed it and where at? Was it expensive? thanks
It was an HVAC supply house, the fan is about 8" in diameter, possibly made by Suncourt, I installed a 10' duct with this fan at the source end to feed a cold room.

The difference wasn't striking but I guess it does work. I also put in a fabric vibration isolator from a sheet metal shop to reduce noise but it made no difference.

After a few years the fan made a flapping sound; the tape wrapped around the shaded pole motor windings had come loose. I fix, no biggie.

There are rules about air noise vs. feet per minute and many other rules and constraints. Check on them first before buying even one sheet metal screw.

ASHRAE's materials are unfortunately almost unavailable through normal libraries but there are many books that have the same info, or you could look in a tech library.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back