grounding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigg

Reaction score
I have a GEC ground going to the copper pipe at entrance of home (4ft from where pipe enters) and then AFTER the ground on the same pipe is a pressure regulator then it goes to water heater.Do i need a jumper where regulator is even though it is AFTER the grounding connection an 15 ft from entrance? here is a rough drawing

IMAG0199.jpg

Last edited:
Is there electrical continuity between the water heater inlet pipe and the water pipe as it enters your house? You can use an extension cord as a test lead for your meter.

If the water line coming into the house is metal then you need the jumper.

Only if you have a meter in the house. That must be jump from one side to other side. As long you have copper or gal water lines in the hole house. You be fine but if you but CPVC or pex in then you must up that spot because the ground was broken.

Thanks for the info.It is all copper and meter is outside home .There are shark fittings at regulator (not sure yet if that is a factor since its got plastic inside).I will check w meter. tommorrow. which way does it (GEC) travel once it hits the pipe ,toward earth or regulator or both?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back