**Help with colors and ideas!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha6611

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just bought this nice little house. Im using this tan on the walls, white ceiling and new white trim,

the one wall will be the "burnt clay" teracotta look. I'm switching the kitchen and living rooms.

i want to build tourquise into the house. in the bathroom and my bedroom as well.

check out the pictures and let me know what you think i should do! we are doing the oil rubbed bronze
fixtures all thru the house.

now what i have done so far...

colors.

The wall between the rooms will be removed.
http://s212.photobucket.com/user/yamaha6611/media/Screenshot2014-11-16000755_zps75536825.png.html

Thanks!

Matt

Orange walls....yikes. As for your new layout, I don't see the fridge and I'd also note that you should move the stove so you'll have counter on both sides. With those staircases you'll get a lot of traffic through your kitchen. I wouldn't be a fan of that.

I would do all the construction before any finishing. Only you know the pros and cons of flipping the rooms. It's a bigger job than one might think.

Likewise everyone's tastes in colors is an individual thing. If you were doing it for resale it would be quite different.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Welcome to the site. I would question the need for two sets of stairs, if you could do away with the ones in the kitchen you could make it really nice.

beechguy005: yea forgot to add, the fridge gets sunk into the spot where the closet is. orange... is more like teracotta, its called "burnt clay". and yes, there will be about 24" of countertop on the one side of the stove.

bud: yea its going to be a slow process, but when the walls come down i think it will look really nice, and open. just getting some paint on the walls cause the paint is currently 10+ yrs old.

nealtw: looking at the picture, the stairs on the left run down to the basement, the ones to the right to the second floor, and there is a door to the outside ( there are two private decks on the house)

nealtw: looking at the picture, the stairs on the left run down to the basement, the ones to the right to the second floor, and there is a door to the outside ( there are two private decks on the house)

That would explain that, most times one set of stairs is above the other.
Is the basement finished or can you look at the framing down there. With the way the stairs or situated there is a posibility that wall you want to change is a bearing wall.
It's your home paint it to match your taste.:beer:

Back