Storm Door to Exterior Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeiny

Reaction score
Hello! I have a house with an added on 3 season sun room/ porch. The porch only has a storm door on it which then leads to an exterior door into the house. My question is can I place the exterior door in the place of the storm door? :confused::confused:
Both of the doors are the exact same height & width. To be honest it looks like an exterior door was there in the past.
Thank you in advance.

Yes you can place it, but you could be some problems in bad weather mainly storm door protect your exterior door.

Sure but are you ready to heat the season porch or make it four season.

Thank you for your response! I was planning on using the space as a small foyer. Essentially an entrance to an entrance. Not necessarily needing it to heat it or make it a four season. I just prefer the look of a solid door. I think it gives more privacy. :)

Yes you can place it, but you could be some problems in bad weather mainly storm door protect your exterior door.

Thank you for your response! I was thinking about that & looks like I have enough room to keep the storm door in front of an exterior door. My in laws house is like that as well as my fathers.
This is the first time I've ever seen just a storm door. Personally it looks a bit odd. :)

Thank you for your response! I was planning on using the space as a small foyer. Essentially an entrance to an entrance. Not necessarily needing it to heat it or make it a four season. I just prefer the look of a solid door. I think it gives more privacy. :)

Then I would leave the old door and install a new one at the entrance so in winter you could close the second door and not heat the porch.

Thanks.
The point being, the probability that the weather will eventually become inclement.

Thanks.
The point being, the probability that the weather will eventually become inclement.

I guess my main question would be whether a door can be placed in its location regardless of the material...steel, fiberglass or wood.

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it. :)

Latest posts

Back