What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how that works, if you get there first and put that there the footing is made bigger to bridge your trench but if you come later and dig a tench, nobody cares about the footing.

This footing between myself the plumber and electrician has less than 50% native dirt under it.

Ground out the grout and re-grouted a bath upstairs at a condo I'm selling and put new tile in a half bath downstairs. Still have to stain the deck and then it's time for the real estate agent. No more being a landlord for the oldog. New paint through out, new granite counter tops, new lights and a lot of little odds and ends that have nickeled and hundred $ billed me to death... I need one sunny day.

Went to Super Cuts today for a haircut. This jet black haired, tattooed gal said I was second in line, and would be ready for me in 1/2 hour. I told her I would run to Home Depot and would be back in 20 minutes. Well, 20 minutes later I walked in and said, "welcome back, you are third in line for a haircut!" Now I get pissed and tell her how was that possible, since I am back before the half hour was done. She said sorry, but that's the way it was. Well, I'm really pissed and tell her that I was done with that BS (yeah, the full word) and said I was officially done going there. I drove across the street and got my haircut for $5 cheaper at a place that even washed your hair and includes a massage.

Here is the kicker. Two hours later, I'm at a kids play area with my granddaughter when my a fellow co-worker and Sergeant walks up to me. I told him the story about the idiot girl at Supercuts and then I asked how his beautiful little blond daughter was doing. He said her hair was now jet black and had tattoos all over her body. He said she just started working at the Supercuts in my city, and showed me a picture of her.

Yep, same gal. I kid you not!

I hear ya, I'm about as disappointed in getting haircuts as I am with the political process. Ain't any better east of the Mississippi.

Back