Outside drain

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcnerd

Reaction score
Hello,

We are putting outside drain around our new room addition. We are putting 4 channel drains.

I have seen people run the drain line to the street (have a a hole cut in the curb). This is not an option for us. The guy that is doing the install said we can run the line to a grass area away from the house (where the stopping point). Have a hole and place some gravels in the hole. I have seen at the big box store also offers the pop up head (like sprinkler) where water will drain out off. They advertised this product to not having to cut the concrete curb, etc.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/NDS-4-in-Polyethylene-Pop-Up-Drainage-Emitters-with-Elbow-422G/100153624

Looking for advice. We are in Calif, so we don't often have crazy storms :).

Last edited:
Those pop ups work pretty good. Problem is you need to screw or glue 'em down. The kids like to walk away with mine.

There can also be restrictions regarding the sheeting of water across a public walkway which could cause pedestrian traffic to alter their coarse into a street in an effort to avoid it.
So, if you have public walkways you would be better served to place the manifold on the street side of the walkway.

Back