Living Vicariously through you

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOLSON

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently did something bad, :rolleyes: I sold off all my Stationary power tools and converted my 14 x 16 woodworking shop into a playroom for my 2 1/2 year old son.

Since he was born the only free time I had to work in the shop was when he was sleeping. Since my shop was in the basement I couldn't run any power tools without waking him up. Eventually I just gave up, mostly because I couldn't stand just seeing all my power tools just sitting there unused for over 2 years.

So, it's been almost 4 months since the playroom has been in existence and he loves it. But I am really missing the tools. So, I joined this group so I can at least feel like I am doing something.

As for my background. I actually went to college for Wood Products Technology at SUNY Morrisville. I spend several summers working for a general contractor. I worked at a custom cabinet shop; I also worked for a custom Window and Door shop.

Currently I am working in the computer field as a Software Quality Assurance analyst. Big jump, I Know, but I got tired of always scrounging for money and never getting benefits like medical and such. So I got a crash course on computers from one of my friends and it took off from there. A lot of what I do in my current job is to write Scripts/Programs. I must say that the feeling I get from creating a nice program that does exactly what you wanted and just looks good gives me the same feeling as when I would finish a woodworking project.

Well,
I'll be reading a lot and hopefully will be chiming in as much as possible to help out others that have the time for projects.

Mike

Welcome to the Forum, Mike:
I think giving up the shop for the 2-1/2 year-old is the right thing to do. Just think, in 15-1/2 years he will be an adult and you won't have another chance to spoil him; he'll be military age along with a host of other things. Love and care for him while you can.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back