Bathroom stench

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

python01

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I have a problem with bathroom smell and I know it is not construction or toilet problem. It is a rooming house and the student tenants just can not aim into the toilet so the urine stinks.
The question is what can I use to eliminate the smell? I am not willing to wipe it off couple of times a day for them and they obviously are not willing to do it often enough themselves but you don't get these smells usually when you go to restrooms at malls, etc and I am assuming this behavior happens there as well with the amount of people using them so there got to be some chemicals that take care of the smell, just what can be used?
Thanks.

Maybe a bold-print sign (at eye level) above the urinal would work:

"Players With Short Bats Please Stand Closer To The Plate"

Last edited:
Maybe a bold-print sign (at eye level) above the urinal would work:

"Players With Short Bats Please Stand Closer To The Plate"

Bwahahahahahahahaha:D

That's the first time I've heard that one!

I confess, it's not original. The owner/landlord of a building our bridge section was temporarily housed in (Santa Fe, NM, circa 1985) had the signs installed in all of the men's restrooms. I think they worked, as very few "puddles" were ever visible under the urinals. And they sure gave everyone a chuckle.

Latest posts

Back