Basement French Drain Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrigu

Reaction score
I have a basement french drain with the MiraDrain system in place. In some areas in the basement I have some mold issues as you can see in the picture. My question is; Can I use a mold resistant caulk on the top of the MiraDrain to stop the moisture from coming through? I recently had a sheet of plywood leaning up against the wall so the darkness did not help. Thank in advance

20160412_092445.jpg

20160412_092449.jpg

Hi John; welcome to the forum. You'll probably get better answers if you start a new thread. Not too many people gonna slog through a 19 page thread to find your issue.

I have a basement french drain with the MiraDrain system in place. In some areas in the basement I have some mold issues as you can see in the picture. My question is; Can I use a mold resistant caulk on the top of the MiraDrain to stop the moisture from coming through? I recently had a sheet of plywood leaning up against the wall so the darkness did not help. Thank in advance

Was this done by you, for you or before you bought the house?

Back