Hello

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zerokreap

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Kevin and I am new to the forum. I have been doing small home repairs for several years now. I was lucky enough to have a father who liked to do these sorts of things, so I picked up a few skills working with him over the last 30 years. In addition, it did not take long to figure out that most people you can hire to do home repairs are not very good at it...or at least, not any better than me. So why pay someone to do work that I can do myself, right?

Anyway, in addition to my own house, I have a house that became a rental property when I was unable to sell it (bought the place in 06, started trying to sell it in 10). So now I have even more reason and opportunity to DIY.

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum. I also learned a lot from my dad, it is the best way to learn. Second best is the guys here. Jump right in when you feel ready.

:welcome:

:welcome: Kevin. I learned nearly nothing about home repair from my father. Mostly learned by doing and reading...and later, here.

Ask questions when you have them, answer questions when you can.

Back