I put the camera back under. Shots came out too fuzzy to be of much use. My arm found a few spiderwebs. I had an itty bitty spider waving at my face when I was reaching under, but I didn't get a good shot of him/her-- cute little bugger though.
Shots aren't worth posting, but it looks like the subfloor is dark/damaged under the washing machine-- so the water damage spans over the joist.
Metal pipe is defunct. Pipe in the right with dark T is the shower drain. In the middle its the water supply and drain for the washing machine.
Meanwhile, I was talking to Neal about the back door and it prompted me to get more pics. Looks like the door needs to be replaced and the frame probably needs some work now. The door currently won't stay closed unless I prop something against it.
Pics are in this post
since I'm too lazy to post them all here.
So, right now, here is my list of things that need to be done:
- Tear down west & north walls of bathroom (leaving part of the wall intact).
- Remove shower stall, toilet, and part of south wall of bathroom
- Replace/repair subfloor in hallway & current bathroom
- Replace exterior door & frame + install new cat door
- Bump doorway to laundry room over to the east a couple of inches to allow for trim around it (and to give it more room for the knob).
- Move washer & dryer out of the way
- Replace/repair subfloor in current laundry room
- Remove crappy paneling from walls in the entire area
- Take down ceiling fan & remove crappy ceiling tiles
- Paint ceiling (if the ceiling boards are in good enough shape-- if not, will put something up there)
- Install vent fan/light combo where ceiling fan used to be and run ductwork in attic & change current single toggle switch to double rockers to control vent-light (perhaps move switch from west wall to north wall)
- Rough in plumbing and electrical (will slightly move some existing water supply lines and electrical wires, and add some new things-- like GFCI with rocker switch for vanity light).
- Replace crappy metal windows with new doubleglazed vinyl windows
- Cut hole for new vent or the dryer, seal up & cover old vent hole
- Install insulation and vapor barrier in exterior walls
- Install vinyl sheet in bathroom then cover
- Cover/protect flooring for tub/shower install.
- Install new wall panels (re-use some old and maybe get some new stuff if there is not enough) & molding/trim for walls, ceiling, & windows
- Install toilet & lavatory
- Install door to bathroom (knob will be on left side while facing bathroom from hallway)
- Install ceiling fan in new laundry area (after preparing the ceiling with support box)
- Finish flooring for laundry room & hallway area (trying to decide best flooring)
- Make/buy shelves or cabinets to go above washer & dryer for storage and put them in place
- Replace dryer heating element to get it functional again
- Put furniture sliders under washer & dryer pedestals to ease movement for maintenance & put appliances in place
- Make & install fold-down table on south wall of laundry room
- Modify partially built lower cabinet to hold bin for lint (found it just sitting in the workshop and I want to repurpose it)
- Finish bathroom with towel bars, toilet paper holder, shower curtain rods & curtains-- and other little touches.
It's a lot of work, but I'm going to get some help from friends. One of my friends owes us some $ & I asked him how he would feel about knocking off some of the debt by helping and he said he would help us for free. I'm going to be helping him fix up his burned house.
Hopefully I didn't miss anything on the list-- and I'm trying to decide if I should finish the laundry room before the bathroom so we can have it operational again as soon as possible-- or at least get it functional first.