Poured basement walls need a cover.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl46

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the correct place for my problem. A few years ago I started a building project with a construction loan, the bank went 'belly up' before I could draw and left me with numerous contractors to pay off. Suffice to say I have never really recovered and still have liability for the property.
The county Health agency now have me in violation after a complaint, so I need to get some work done.
I have a basement dug with walls poured and need to weather proof and cover it as cheaply as possible. It's 30' x 16'-6". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
:help:
Please ignore acts of vandalism thrown into basement, gotta get that cleaned out as well.

2016-03-12 16.24.24.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about your problems and we can see why they want something done.
I don't think there is much cheaper than to just build the floor as per plan and waterproof that.

I grew up in a basement house until I was about 8. Dad built the basement and we moved in and he started building up as he got the money. As Neal said put floor joists and decking on and then some roofing. Dad did a hot tar roof but now a days I would think a rubber roof would be the way to go. How long do you expect till you work on it again after covering?

Not really sure could be a while, my wife wants to sell, but floor may be the way to go. Thanks

Latest posts

Back