Casement Window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawestdorp

Reaction score
Have a casement window, installed in 2001 when house was built. Crank will not close the window fully - comes close to the frame and then "gears slip". Cannot seem to find manufacturer - the only think I find is a capital K inside of a diamond shaped box. Cannot read the rest of the info except for "Hai...." and "Cuitn..." Just wonder if there is a fix for the "gears"...

Can’t be of much help with that particular replacement part. I never have been a fan of casement windows for those reasons. I know if you get anything in the tracks they will act like that. I don’t know if your “gears” are shot or its just binding at the end of the travel and slipping. I have taken the units off of a lesser used window before and swapped them as a way to keep going for a bit longer. If you take the unit off you may be able to see what is worn. And with it in hand you could go to a few window shops and see if they have any replacement that would work.

Sorry I can’t point you in the right direction maybe others will come along with more info shortly.

As suggested, take it apart and find a window /hardware supply company. You can also ask around at the LOCAL lumber yard, or contractor supply store...sorry, not the box stores.

New window are cheap if you look around you can find a new replacement for $200+ or try kijji. Casement are not meant for heavy use at this price range.

Latest posts

Back