Newbie from FL

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily2009

Reaction score
Hello, I am new in the forum, I found it by chance! I hope I can learn a lot, specially some project that I have in mind for years!!!

Thanks Travelover,
Well, I am trying to find a lot of information since all my kitchen needs help! in my area there are a lot of places to shop for everything, but I have heard that the Home Depot's cabinets are not so great, so I went this weekend to a kitchen kind of whole sale place? the prices are not bad at all! so first I want to change cabinets, but my floor needs help, now that I think about should I change the floor first or I can change cabinets and then do the floor?

Thanks Travelover,
Well, I am trying to find a lot of information since all my kitchen needs help! in my area there are a lot of places to shop for everything, but I have heard that the Home Depot's cabinets are not so great, so I went this weekend to a kitchen kind of whole sale place? the prices are not bad at all! so first I want to change cabinets, but my floor needs help, now that I think about should I change the floor first or I can change cabinets and then do the floor?

Your new cabinets may not have the same exact footprint as your old ones, so I'd vote for doing the floor last.

Hey Lily-
Welcome ! In the best case scenario, it'd be best to do it all at once! Yikes! really, take up your cabinets- redo the floor wall to wall & then replace with new canbinets.
But not everybody can do that. But your new floor needs to be under the Dishwasher, stove & ref. And an island if you have one. If you can't do that, I guess I'd do the cabinets first also, but think about your flooring as you are doing it.

Back