Artist with no building skills, but with "Mission":-)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishdamsel

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post and my introduction. I live in an ancient (1964) mobile home tripled with two additions since then of a huge mobile home length room and a 500 square foot lanai. I own my own land , a nice double lot on a corner. The mobile home is valued at $300.00 :) There is also a nice stand alone car port and a shed on the property.

For the last three years, I have gone back and forth regarding should I move out of here into a regular house (with mortgage) or remain here (I own it) and mess with this place to make it livable and comfortable and say "Damn the torpedoes" as in tropical storms, hurricanes, tornadoes etc that like Florida. I'm going to stay.

So I am going to need to do a lot! And want to do as much on my own as possible. The place has electrical wiring problems (not a danger to me or others but which result in half dark house and can't use stove) , some water damage to ceiling in bathroom and flooring below, damage from termites (how extensive I don't know. Example : my bedroom wall behind mattress is "mooshy" when I press on it)

I'm an artist and pretty much a non conformist and don't care about doing things the traditional way if there is a more interesting and or cheeaper way to do things.

I am a collector of exquisite items I have found hither and yon. Example a pair of stained glass filled French doors presently leaning in my car port.

So, my goal is to play with my place to make it beautiful in my eyes; mend or have it mended where necessary; and remind myself that even "solid" houses get taken by hurricanes and that I (and my pets) can always run away if necessary.

That's it for now.

If there are any creative reasonably priced contractors in the TampaBay area on here, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back