Frigidair Washer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie

Reaction score
I have a 10 year old Frigidair washer that has a problem. It fills fine during the wash cycle but during the rinse cycle most of the time the water starts to drain before the tub has filled. This causes the water to continue to run. Can any one help?

The model number is hard to read but appeares to be FWS845QGS2. I really don't think it siphoning out as it always fills on the wash cycle and sometimes on the rinse cycle. It actually sounds like you can here the drain open. Some times it will fill all the way and work fine and other times it will almost full and other times hardly fill at all.

I really don't think it siphoning out as it always fills on the wash cycle and sometimes on the rinse cycle.

That's axactly how it works....water is drained out and creates a suction that will pull out the next fill.....spray rince is spinning while spraying in water at the same time, this can create a suction which pulls out the water when the washer trys to fill for the deep rince. Some cycles 1/2 drain and refill with water creating a suction in the house drain.

The model number is hard to read but appeares to be FWS845QGS2

Found some close, FWS845GCS2 FWS845GFS2 FWS845GCT2

These ( above ) all use a seperate electric motor and drain pump.

jeff.

Hey Eddie:
You need to make sure your drain hose comes up the back of the washer to a point above the washer cabinet top; then, when it goes into the stand pipe, it should just hook loosely into the pipe (its called an indirect connection). Your stand pipe should have a 2" trap 1' above the floor and the stand pipe should have another 24" of 2" pipe above the trap. Also check to make sure no-one has stuffed rags in the pipe around the drain hose which will also cause siphoning.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back