DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Heating & AC unit in attic bedroom

Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM  
napalvr

Default Heating & AC unit in attic bedroom

I recently purchased a house and the attic was already converted to a bedroom. There is storage on one side with doors (these are short storage doors on the sides of the room) and on the other side is the heating & ac equipment. The previous owners had a door in front of the main heating/ac unit but at the closing the doors had been taken off and damaged and now the unit is uncovered and an eyesore. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover this opening. I am assuming that it needs to be some kind of louvered or ventilated door but I would like to make it look at pleasant as possible and match as closely as possible to the other storage doors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM  
paul52446m

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalvr View Post
I recently purchased a house and the attic was already converted to a bedroom. There is storage on one side with doors (these are short storage doors on the sides of the room) and on the other side is the heating & ac equipment. The previous owners had a door in front of the main heating/ac unit but at the closing the doors had been taken off and damaged and now the unit is uncovered and an eyesore. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover this opening. I am assuming that it needs to be some kind of louvered or ventilated door but I would like to make it look at pleasant as possible and match as closely as possible to the other storage doors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Is this a 90+ or 80+ furnace? is there anything else in this furnace room.
You can send pic. to paulm989@hotmail.com If its a 90+ furnace with two stacks going out side then you do not need a louvered door as long as it has
supply and return ducting on it. You can also take burner air from a attic space as long as the attic is ventilated. Show me what you got and we can
go from there. Later Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply