DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Winter 2011




Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_ADMIN.png
 
inspectorD's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Litchfield, CT
Posts: 4,490
Liked 265 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 772

Default well

OOOOO,
Great idea!!
Now to convince the wife that it's money well spent....

Wait...What? Did hell just freeze over?? Yes, yes I think it is about to.


__________________
Just My
Made in the
inspectorD is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 AM  
granite-girl
Senior Member
 
granite-girl's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 204
Default

Ha Ha ! Too Bad!


granite-girl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM  
TxBuilder
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorD View Post
OOOOO,
Great idea!!
Now to convince the wife that it's money well spent....

Wait...What? Did hell just freeze over?? Yes, yes I think it is about to.
They are therapeutic and will help with _______ (insert her ailments here). That's how my Uncle got one.
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM  
designer-fixit
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: fremont, california
Posts: 19
Default

sounds like lots of fun for all the contractors round town.....lol, cute update
designer-fixit is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 PM  
BrianKiernan
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 42
Default

I live here in CT also this is nuts, I can just fit one car down my street and my neighbors garage collapsed today from snow. Buildings are going down like crazy. The company I work for had 165 guys working on Superbowl Sunday removing snow off different schools in Ct.

I can not take one more call explaining ice damning and how the windows we installed 5 years ago and never leaked are now some how are fault that water is pouring in and there house has 14" ice dams on their gutters.

Whew that felt good!

Thanks for listening
__________________
Good Luck,
Brian
http://www.install-crown-molding.com
BrianKiernan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_ADMIN.png
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 10,754
Liked 1422 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKiernan View Post
Whew that felt good!

Thanks for listening
Thats why we're here....
oldognewtrick is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 AM  
TxBuilder
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKiernan View Post
I live here in CT also this is nuts, I can just fit one car down my street and my neighbors garage collapsed today from snow. Buildings are going down like crazy. The company I work for had 165 guys working on Superbowl Sunday removing snow off different schools in Ct.

I can not take one more call explaining ice damning and how the windows we installed 5 years ago and never leaked are now some how are fault that water is pouring in and there house has 14" ice dams on their gutters.

Whew that felt good!

Thanks for listening
Sounds rough, hang in there!
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 AM  
granite-girl
Senior Member
 
granite-girl's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 204
Default

That's pretty bad. Just imagine those people in Texas & all the southern states that are getting this like never before - they must feel like they are in the twighlight zone or something!
granite-girl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_ADMIN.png
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 10,754
Liked 1422 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite-girl View Post
That's pretty bad. Just imagine those people in Texas & all the southern states that are getting this like never before - they must feel like they are in the twighlight zone or something!
Thanks goodness ya'll ain't roofers, I think we've had about 5 working days since Christmas...we're getting just a little skinny round here.
oldognewtrick is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM  
TxBuilder
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite-girl View Post
That's pretty bad. Just imagine those people in Texas & all the southern states that are getting this like never before - they must feel like they are in the twighlight zone or something!
We are kind of freaking out.


 
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Winter; aren't we done yet nealtw General Chit-Chat 27 02-27-2014 07:34 AM
Going away for the winter? bryce Plumbing Forum 1 01-20-2014 03:03 PM
Molding during winter hedgehog88 Walls and Ceilings 1 11-25-2013 07:10 PM
Is my outside air fan necessary in the winter? mjsylvester HVAC 6 12-15-2012 04:00 PM
Hunter SRC control ended at 2011. ccpyue Garden and Lawncare 4 11-03-2012 01:00 PM



Newest Threads