Miami - 26th floor new contruct - flooring ?
Homeowner newbie here...just bought a condo in Miami (read: high humidity) on the 26th floor. Unit is new construction with concrete slab floors. Regulations dictate "non-carpet flooring must be minimum STC60/ICR53".
I am thinking of putting click-cork in. Questions:
1) any general comments on cork use in this environment?
2) what will I need? The click panels themselves, 3-in-1 foam/PE underlay, anything else?
3) will this setup meet the requirements stated above?
4) any other ideas for a cheap, good-looking solution to my challenge?
5) has anyone done business with iFloor or WorldFloorsDirect? If so, any comments?
Also, the condo is a loft with stairs like the ones in my album (sorry, don't know how to create URLs for each individual photo). How to finish those planks??!?!? I can't find anything online about finishing stair steps like that.
Last edited by ges74; 02-08-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Reason: Modified link to photos