DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > How would this roof be constructed?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 PM  
jenjenut233

Default How would this roof be constructed?

Hi all,

New here so please bare with me, and apologies if I have trouble getting my message across. I've uploaded a picture of the front of my house. Can anyone please explain to me how if I were to extend the front porch all the way to the left edge of the house, the addition could be covered? Would the existing roof have to be reconstructed or would the new roof be flat? I'm just curious since it seems to me that the current sloping would cause issues. Any ideas or advice would be greatly helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
~ Jen

house-front.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 921 Times on 822 Posts
Likes Given: 1589

It looks like the left side of the roof is sitting on a post and beam, that you would want to remove. I would consult your local truss company.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply