DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Stand Alone Carports vs Attached

Old 09-17-2005, 05:47 PM  
Louise

Default Stand Alone Carports vs Attached

Hi all, Do those stand alone carports hold up under rough weather pretty good? Or would you recommend only having the attachment kind built onto the house?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2005, 11:03 AM  
Sun

yes they do last in rought weather my grandparents had one and years ago they gave it to my parents when they moved and that thing STILL stands up even when Hurricane came to town in the 80's!

Old 03-11-2006, 01:04 PM  
PaPaDan

I turned my garage into a full time woodworking shop. Even screened in the overhead door to keep out flies and mosquitoes. There are times when I need to work on my cars so I had one of the free standing car ports put on my driveway. It has been up 2 years without a single problem. I had them set it with one end right up against the garage and I sealed it with spray foam. I can go in and out of the garage for tools and such without getting wet when it is raining. LOL

Info For All- [url]http://www.hoistman.com[/url] I had amnesia once -- or twice :confused:

Quick Reply