Need help painting clouds, or wall stickers?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamrockcb

Reaction score
Any tips on how to paint clouds for a nursery?

Or, has anyone purchased stickers that could be affixed to the wall? I'm trying to find large cloud patterns to no avail. Any websites out there you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

I'll look for a website, but you can use a rag or a stippling brush.

To use a rag, you need to put a little paint in a roller pan. Tip it back until the paint runs back up on the flat part, let it drain a bit and roll the rag in it.
Very light, almost dry coats will look best because you can layer them and give it texture. It may look kind of bad when you start, but it will look better as you build it up. It may take a while, if you try to recoat it while it's tacky, the rag may stick. That could pull the previous coats off.

Take your time, you can do it. I've done it in school classrooms on block walls and drywall, It doesn't look like anything at first, keep at it, it looks better and you will be able to shape it up as you go.

Wear gloves!

You can also get some neat effects with a spray gun or a can of spray paint (though probably a bit trickier than a rag).

You can make a template if you want to make sure you get a great cloud shape I did a room for my daughter (free hand ) when she was little she wanted blue walls with clouds all over hee hee I used a very small amount of off white. I used the rag also it worked great but if you want a certain shape you can use a poster board very cheap at department stores & make a template. They have blue painters tape that will not take the paint off the wall to tape it onto the wall- it works great. Then you can use a rag & very little paint to get a great effect. I agree layering makes it look 3D great tip. :)
Good luck & make sure to take before & after pix. Post some pix when you are done we want to see lol ;)

As a manufacturer I will offer a standard guarantee that the product is good for use, however, it will be your customer service that decides whether customers are correct/incorrect if any problems arise. If my work is below standard (which it wont be because I dont need the hassle!) I will happily replace anything that is actually my fault e.g. a bad cutline or a printing error which might not be picked up straight away. A printing error is defined as; colour banding, ink spots or a head strike/scratch on the wall decals. :agree:

I've used the sponge technique on walls before to create clouds. It's very easy to do, and it looks good.

Latest posts

Back