Originally Posted by a1aprt
I have an electrical outlet that according to my tester light everything is correct. I try to plug our fireplace blower in and it does not work. I can run an extension cord to another outlet and the blower works fine.
Electric it interesting to work with. If you have a hot line and a earth ground,
it will lit up your test lite. and show you that you have 110 volts. But you need the power co.s neutral and a hot line to run a motor. Check for lose wires. sounds like you are losing your neutral wire. Paul