I remodeled an office that had commercial Armstrong Vinyl. I removed the floor by heating and tearing it up, then I used a black metal-oxide wheel in my drill and ground the remaining rough glue down. After I got the floor usable, I applied a floor leveler compound to give me a solid surface to work with, then I installed the tile. No return calls for popped tiles, and the shop owner was quite pleased with how thorough I was in the prep work. It's been about 2 years since that install. Very heavily trafficked reception area of a busy auto shop.
see my work at:
[URL="http://www.dndremodelingnj.com"]D&D Remodeling Solutions, LLC[/URL]
Powered by Makita Tools