DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Carpentry and Woodworking > Broken kitchen cabinet(s)

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 02:28 PM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Default Broken kitchen cabinet(s)

Hi guys!
My house is about 5 years old, and the kitchen cabinets are starting to fall apart (see images and description of images below). What's the best way to get these cabinets repaired?

Thank you!

Gary Chan

Image 96 (first image) - broken cabinet with attachment mechanism that would sit on exterior of cabinet

Image 97 (2nd image) - image of normal functional cabinet (exterior)

Image 98 (3rd image) - image of normal functional cabinet (interior)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	3532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	3533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	3534  
gchan82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM  
Contractor retired
nealtw's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Upper Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Posts: 23,573
Liked 2993 Times on 2622 Posts
Likes Given: 4929


It dosn't appear that you have the right hardware for this ,is there a brand name on anything?

nealtw is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 AM  
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hartfield VA, VA
Posts: 1,984
Liked 262 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 71


That's some funky looking cabinets.
May be able to through bolt and use a nut on the inside instead of using the phillips head screw.
joecaption is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 PM  
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lake Forest, CA (Orange County)
Posts: 52

This is what you're looking for..

They're made by USFutaba. You need a right and left set for each drawer. Just 2 screws and the just snap together. The little phillips thing that looks like a screw is to take them apart.

I have just replaced a bunch of them for a customer. It took me a few hours of searching the internet to find them. Nobody seems to know what they are. They use them in some of the mid range homes in southern Cal. I found them at a pretty large woodworking store. Sorry I can't find the receipt just now. Only a couple of dollars apiece.
Johnboy555 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 AM  
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London, London
Posts: 7

Well after looking at all the pictures that you have provided, I will suggest you to hire a professional carpenter, he is the one who could fix all the falling cabinet of yours. Since they are falling apart you need to hire one of those ASAP.

Cheap Storage London
davida007 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter DIY Home Repair Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing broken glass kitchen counter backstop? Prune General Home Improvement Discussion 2 07-22-2010 09:58 AM
Broken Kitchen Counter (photos inside) tigersmith General Home Improvement Discussion 1 03-16-2010 08:21 PM
Broken front cabinet drawer 5160519 Carpentry and Woodworking 4 03-19-2009 02:36 AM

Newest Threads