low water pressure

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane81

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my house. I have really bad water pressure. What can I do to give me more water pressure?

You can start by letting us know if your on city water or a well and anything else you can tell us that will help us know what you have.

We're good... but we aren't mind readers.

We are using city water and from the looks of it, The person who had this before me, totally cut out the hot water heater and is running the water through our gas heater. Something I have never seen before.

You need to determine if you have low pressure or low flow. They are two different issues that can appear the same.

We have low pressure, if you turn on a sink while someone is taking a shower or flush the toilet, the shower pretty much shuts off and you might get a dribble out of the faucet

Get a gauge that goes on an outside spigot so you can see what kind of pressure you have.

Do you have any filters?

We found our culprit. We have flex piping running our water though a small oil burner... our hot water heater was totally disconnected! Fun stuff I know

Latest posts

Back