Now I'm more confused. I thought that a drawing would help visualize my setup. Here is another drawing.
* Existing Romex is approximately 2' from Box 3, and once cut there will not be enough slack to do anything but box each end.
* This is NOT a regular switch. It has 4 permanent wires coming out BWRG, there are NO terminals.
Let me re-ask the question:
1) Is the shown new config2 correct.
2) If there is another way, what is it, and why is it better or more correct.
3) Goal = New leg works, and my house won't burn down.
I'm not an electrician, so please keep answers at novice level using colors and/or drawings if possible