I did not know this existed...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_AJH

Reaction score
To be honest when I saw this thread I had never heard of metallic decking. It made me go look it up and find out what it was about. After finding the following site: http://www.lockdry.com/features.htm, I have almost convinced myself this is the best way to go. Maintenance Free was the biggie for me!

Wow! I didn't know this existed either! Great link, by the way! I just wonder if it's cost effective though? Maybe wood decks are still so popular since they're cheaper? Does anyone know?

Does anyone have this type of decking? If so do you find it to be more cost effective than traditional wood decking?

I dont have a metallic deck but my buddy does. I will have to give him a call and see. He isn't rich by no means so im sure it is well worth it. He cleans it maybe every two months. It looks brand new and he has had it for a couple months now. Good deck.

Metallic decks sound such a good idea but I don't think I'll choose this kind of deck over wooden decks. I don't know, I just think gives a great look to a house, it brings something like a natural feeling... you know what I mean?
Metallic decks are too artificial for my taste, maybe that's just me.

+1 har. The metallic decks dont bring that "country" smell wood decks do. I feel more like a redneck with wood on my deck.

Metal decking is superior to other decking options because it offers longer lasting features and of course does not require any major maintenance work.

Back