Deck Furniture

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_Liz

Reaction score
What is the best furniture to use on wood decking? Summer time is here and the more events that take place outside the better!

Hey liz!

I use alot of aluminum type furniture on my deck! Currently, I have a dining table with 4 chairs, and a swing on the opposite end made of all aluminum. ( Except for the cushions of course!! :D ) I like using those because it doesn't harm the wood, and if they get wet or anything from rain being blown into the deck its not going to harm them as much as it would metal.

Do you currently have any furniture on your deck?

Hi there!
I also use aluminium, but I find you can use any type of furniture going from plastic to wood if you protect the floor properly or put a protection underneath each table or chair foot.
It works for me^^ and it doesn't take long to do so your deck can be covered in lovely furniture for cheap cost.

My parents have wood furniture on their wood deck. It works out really well for them. They do have to put it away each year for the winter, but they seem to be ok with that. It is heavier than aluminium so consider that.

I use plastic furniture for my deck, it's rain proof and really confortable, most at plasic lounge chairs.

Yeah, I always used either plastic or aluminum furniture on my deck. Never had wood though! LOL...probably too expensive! Never actually thought that any particular kind was better than any other! Smooth bottoms are probably the best thing to keep in mind though, so it won't dig grooves in the decking, no matter what the furniture is made of.

I have real wicker on my deck. I have a dark stain and the white wicker sure does bring the floor right out. I baught this couch set at a garage sale for about 75 bucks. I had to take it. Of course I have the usual grill and a couple other things.

On my deck I have 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table. Both have held up for about a year now. I have a rocking chair as well made out of real wood. B-B-Q grill of course.

I'm currently using aluminum furniture on my deck as well but I've been thinking of switching to wood furniture that would match very well with my deck. I think wood furniture would enhance the natural color of the deck.

I have plastic. LOL, yeah that is cheap I know. It works for the size deck I have, plus I am not out there much.

I have some nice green metal and platic chairs along with a green plasic table. Usually though get some nice metal chairs and a metal rimmed glass table it looks and feels fine. (metal because it lasts longer through more things)

We have some plastic & metal patio furniture that works great, but be sure to weight down your umbrella if you get a lot of wind on the outside of your house....we find out the hard way that our umbrella has wings :eek:

Good luck!
Rebecca

Patio Furniture

Patio deck furniture should be one of your concerns but the most important thing to consider should be the comfort and quality that you want to get.

Every patio or deck requires some deck furniture to make it functional. A table and chairs are the most important deck furniture and umbrella is also pretty important. The two best woods for outdoor furniture are either cedar or teak.

You should take a look at Hanamint patio furniture. They make products out of aluminum and wicker if you can’t decide which style you like. There are 11 different collections – a family member recently recommended this to me and I found a few pieces that work well with what I already have.

Back