DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > Frigidare Dishwasher Not Draining

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 AM  
bray

Default Frigidare Dishwasher Not Draining

I noticed a little water in the bottom but didn't think anything about it. I ran a load of dishes and at the end of the cycle about an inch of water remains. The model is FDBB2040FC1 and the serial # is TH73187120.

I have ran the disposal to see if it is clogged. Nothing. The sink drains fine as well. I see a piece of plastic that looks like a drain cover in the bottom wtih a "handle". However, it doesn't lift up.

Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 PM  
woodchuck

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

The water left in the bottom is normal. It prevents the seals from drying out between uses. If the dishes are getting clean you don't have a problem.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 PM  
jeff1
Contractor

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hi,

Quote:
I ran a load of dishes and at the end of the cycle about an inch of water remains.
An inch of water laying across the bottom?...if yes, that is too much...a little bit of water like woodchuck mentioned is normal but an inch of water is not.

Quote:
I see a piece of plastic that looks like a drain cover in the bottom wtih a "handle". However, it doesn't lift up.
Pull up harder.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Quick Reply