DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Roofing and Siding > question on rain gutters

Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM  
cecilbidwell

Default question on rain gutters

I really want to redo my roof and gutters, I've been trying to decide if I should use a company like this (http://www.gutterhelmet.com/) too, does anyone have advice? I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on this subject. Thank you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:56 PM  
mudmixer
Contractor

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Use pversize seamless gutters and have them installed because contractor with and extruder will be a DIY cost with everything included.

If you chose the normal size gutters, use oversize downspouts since they have twice the area without looking too different.The capacity allows your gutters to carry more and flush out much more debris because of the rate of drainage.

Our townhouse association replaced the old standard size with with a gutter guard type with oversize gutters and downspouts after testing on identical buildings. they also worked better in our cold climate in the winter since frost caps were eliminated.

Dick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply