Unidentifiable Pest Feces In Home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc1100s

Reaction score
Hellp everyone. I came across this forumn via a searh on google.
Recently I have found a few pest droppings in the lower level of my home that I cannot identify. They looked rather large to be your typical household mouse but I set a small mouse trap anyway with peanut butter to see if it would touch the bait. It has not.
My home is a raised ranch. Around the inside perimiter is a space where the walls meet th floor that Im told is for the runoff of any water so that it does not accumulate on the floor.
Just last night I was moving a few cardboard boxes in a room on the lower level when I discovered two pretty good sized piles of these same droppings.
They are dark brown/black in color and as long as 1.5" and mostly curved or horseshoe in shape. I have no clue what these may be. THere are no food sources down in this area at all. Only dampness. And the only area of entry would be this leach well area around the perimeter. Could these be rat droppings? If so, what would keep the rat coming back if there aren't any sources of food. I have not seen any rats at all around the house. The only other pest I have seen is a grass snake or two outside the house.
I have uploaded a pic here:
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/...Pest%20Problem/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

It doesn't look like droppings to me. It looks more like remains of some type of worm etc. If it is droppings it should tear apart when separated at any point. If it holds together when you try to separate it I would say it's remains.

Back